|Full name||Charles Raymond Hancock|
|Date of birth||16 February 1925|
|Place of birth||Stoke-on-Trent, England|
|Date of death||20 April 2007(aged 82)|
|Place of death||Stoke-on-Trent, England|
|Abbey Hulton United|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Charles Raymond Hancock (16 February 1925 – 20 April 2007) was an English football goalkeeper. He was Ken Hancock's elder brother. He played for Port Vale between 1948 and 1956, and later turned out for Northwich Victoria. He was Vale's regular custodian as the club finished second in the Third Division North in 1952–53.
Hancock played for Abbey Hulton United and Bury before joining Port Vale in May 1948. He made three Third Division South appearances in the 1948–49 campaign, but manager Gordon Hodgson kept him behind George Heppell and Ray King in the first team pecking order. Hancock, now aged 27, was selected by manager Freddie Steele as the club's first team goalkeeper in the 1952–53 season, as Vale posted a second-place finish in the Third Division North. However, King regained his first team spot in the 1953–54 season, as Vale won the league title and reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup – Hancock featured just once all season. He played one Second Division game in 1954–55 and featured twice in 1955–56. Having made 53 appearances in all competitions for the "Valiants" he departed Vale Park when he was transferred to Northwich Victoria in the summer of 1956.
|Port Vale||1948–49||Third Division South||3||0||0||0||3||0|
|1949–50||Third Division South||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1950–51||Third Division South||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1951–52||Third Division South||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1952–53||Third Division North||43||0||2||0||45||0|
|1953–54||Third Division North||1||0||0||0||1||0|
- Port Vale
- Football League Third Division North runner-up: 1952–53
- Football League Third Division North champion: 1953–54
- Kent, Jeff (1996). Port Vale Personalities. Witan Books. p. 125. ISBN 0-9529152-0-0.
- Kent, Jeff (December 1991). Port Vale Tales: A Collection Of Stories, Anecdotes And Memories. Witan Books. p. 142. ISBN 0-9508981-6-3.
- Sherwin, Phil (2013). Men of Steele. Hanley, Staffordshire: Pass. p. 31. ISBN 978-0-9926579-1-8.
- Ray Hancock at the English National Football Archive (subscription required)
- Sherwin, Phil; Askey, Steve (2013), Men of Steele: The story of Port Vale's stunning 1953/54 season, Pass Publishing, ISBN 978-0-9926579-1-8